I’m going to show you the steps to bind your BNF (Bind-N-Fly) rc plane to a Spektrum DX6i transmitter. I’m binding the UMX Radian by E-flite in this video. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below.
The Spektrum DX6i is a great transmitter. I love how easy it is to bind with BNF planes so new users (or people who don’t want to learn advanced settings) can get up in the air without having to spend hours setting everything up. More advanced users can still adjust throttle curves and expo making the DX6i a great all around trasmitter!
Here are the steps to Bind:
- Leaving your plane off, turn your DX6i on.
- Press the Simple Scroll wheel to “Model Select” and pick any model that is not in use and press down. That model will download.
- Turn off your transmitter.
- Plug in your planes battery (you should see a blinking red light inside)
- Before you turn on your transmitter, hold down the top right “Trainer Switch”. While holding it down, turn on your transmitter and you will hear it beeping.
- When the light inside the plane becomes solid you can let go of the “Trainer Switch” and you’re ready to fly!